Victim Compensation Program

     The State of Florida through the Attorney General's Office has set up a trust fund to offer financial assistance to victims of violent crime who were injured as a result of the crime and are experiencing financial hardship.

    Victim Compensation can help pay for medical expenses, funeral expenses, professional counseling, lost wages, loss of support, disability, domestic violence relocation and reimbursement for prescriptions. They do not cover property losses except in the case of elderly or disabled adults.

     If you have been the victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or human trafficking and you have a fear for your continued safety and/or an immediate need to escape a domestic or sexually violent enviroment, you may be eligible for financial help to relocate through the Atttorney General's Office Victims Compensation Program.You must first call Refuge House, our certified Domestic Violence center at 850-681-2111, to schedule a meeting with their staff to complete the application. Please note that this program is based on your immediate need to relocate so domestic violence victims must file the application within 30 days of the crime, but you have up to one year to file for sexual violence relocation assistance.

    Applications can be obtained online through the Attorney General's website or through the Victim/Witness Assistance Program. We are available to assist you in completing them.

    Once an award has been made by Victim Compensation and a defendant is found guilty of the crime, the defendant is then ordered to reimburse the trust fund.

    All applications are investigated by the Attorney General's Office to determine eligibility. Victims must cooperate with prosecution to remain eligible.

Call 1-800-226-6667 for more information or Visit their website Attorney General`s Website



Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.


Privacy StatementCopyright 2024 by State Attorney, 2nd Judicial Circuit